When faced with the biggest challenge of my life – being diagnosed with aggressive breast cancer twice within a short three year period, I was forced to completely reevaluate what I believed was already a healthy lifestyle.
I realized that treating my body with conventional medicine alone was inadequate. Standard cancer treatments concentrate exclusively on cancer cells in isolation from the rest of the body.
I needed to focus on my whole being, and that meant addressing not just specific parts of the body, but acknowledging the dynamic inter-dependency of every single cell that make up my body….
…This included focusing on the mind as well as the soul. These three dynamics are interconnected and need to be addressed with equal emphasis in order to determine the actual cause of my cancer, and facilitate true healing. Most importantly, I recognized that I alone was responsible for my health, and could actively contribute to healing my body from cancer.
With the help of my family and friends, I endured the physical and emotional challenges of conventional treatments and their side effects, but I combined them with a mindfulness approach and complementary forms of therapy, some of which I still utilize today.
Looking after my own health is a lifelong, fascinating and rewarding journey. Each of us carries within us an immense reservoir of inner strength and endurance.
I was determined to support my body with all the tools it required to heal itself, discovering the multitude of medicinal properties of whole, unprocessed foods, the ever present, but often dormant, conscious awareness that can be obtained with a calm and focused mind, the emotional healing that follows the release of unresolved inner conflicts, and the benefits of regular exercise.
I also realized that we are not just an intrinsic part of our environment, we are one with our environment. Our body acts as a feedback mechanism. Our thoughts, attitudes and behavior have a direct impact on our health.
Most importantly, I am actively taking part in my healing process. I am deeply grateful for being given a third chance, and am motivated to help educate and empower fellow cancer warriors, survivors and anyone else wishing to embark on, and succeed with their own healing journey.
I am passionate about and specialize in
- The healing properties of whole foods. You have access to a natural pharmacy right on your plate!
- Sourcing real food that is unrefined, unprocessed and not genetically modified (non GMO), humanely and sustainably raised grass-fed animal products without the use of artificial growth hormones and antibiotics, as well as organic or local seasonal produce grown without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides and insecticides. You can help your body, your community and the environment!
- A holistic, integrative approach to health. You heal and thrive when you focus on a mindfulness approach to taking action and achieving balance in body, mind and spirit!
- Passing on this knowledge to help empower others the same way I empowered myself. You can do it!
- Providing ongoing support to those who want to take responsibility for their own well-being and implement lasting changes. You will persevere!
I received my holistic nutritional diploma at a leading naturopathic institution in Munich, Germany. Naturopathy in Germany is infused with a centuries-old wisdom of understanding and recognizing the vital importance of a plant and whole foods-based approach in managing one’s health and practicing pro-active disease prevention and treatment.
Previous educational qualifications:
Graduate and post-graduate degrees majoring in Industrial Psychology, Industrial Sociology and Human Resource Management
I hold the following international qualifications and board certifications:
- Medically Certified Holistic Nutritional, Motivational and Exercise Consultant (EMB®) with the Zentrum für Naturheilkunde in Munich, Germany
- Certified Nutritional Consultant with the American Association of Nutritional Consultants (C.N.C, AANC)
- Holistic Health Practitioner with the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (HHP, AADP)
- USUI Method of Natural Healing (Reiki)