This is a little trick that would get you back into your kitchen cooking home cooked meals. You want our food to be tasty; you want variety to avoid the boring “same-old” symptom, am I right?
How about using ready-made spice blends? – Tweet this!
Here are 5 Reasons why I am obsessed with Spice Blends!
I love them because they…
- Allow you instantly to explore the tastes and flavors of different cultural dishes.
- Prevent you from having to buy a host of single spice jars that end up cluttering your spice cabinet, and that you may end up having to throw out because you use them once or twice and never again.
- Economical as it’s a one-stop jar approach.
- Take the guess work out of flavor combinations as this delicate balancing is done for you.
- Give you an instant flavor kick each time, a different little nuance to a finished dish without much effort.
Let’s use the spice blend Curry for example.
Did you know that when it comes to curries there are many different spice combinations depending on where you go to in India? – Tweet this
The standard yellow curry powder is just one way of flavoring a curry dish. Try Tandoori Masala spice mix, or Vindaloo Curry blend, for example. If the thought of curry makes your eyes water, not all curries have to be hot and spicy. They can just be tasty spicy. That’s really how I cook at home to appease every spice-tolerance level among my family. Spicy for me means just adding a variety of different spice flavors, mainly from different cultures, that make the meals I cook sparkle and really delicious.
The main goal for us Cooks in a Conquering Cancer Kitchen is to eat more of what we know has been scientifically shown to improve our chances of thwarting cancer cell growth and enabling our bodies to withstand any future cancer progression.
At the same time though I want this to be as enjoyable and as fun as it can get! I love to eat great tasting food, and it’s not that difficult to make that happen!
Be bold, and explore the many spice blends we can find on our supermarket shelves these days. Here in the US, I find many healthy, non-irradiated spice options with the brand Frontier Co-op.
Take care for now.
Related Article: Which Salt Is Best?
Kirstin Nussgruber, CNC, EMB
P.S. I offer FREE 15 minutes consultations. Sign up here! https://www.kirstinscancercare.com/mentoring/
P.P.S. Start the right way after a cancer diagnosis –5 things you need to know BEFORE making any decisions. My FREE webinar gives you all the details on how to make the best decisions after receiving your cancer diagnosis. https://www.kirstinscancercare.com/firststepswebinar/