This satisfying, nourishing dessert can be enjoyed warm or cold, and makes for a great breakfast treat the next morning!
Blueberry Peach Quinoa Crumble
Author: Eat Holistic LLC
- 6 medium sized peaches chopped fine (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups Blueberries (frozen wild Maine blueberries are a good choice)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup rolled quinoa flakes (Ancient Harvest is a good brand choice, available in organic sections of most supermarkets)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- SPICES (ground): 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup virgin, unrefined coconut oil
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350oF
- Mix the chopped peaches, blueberries, orange juice and cinnamon and spread mixture in a 10 cup casserole dish.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large stainless steel or glass bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and coconut oil, stir well to combine.
- Using a large spoon or spatula, spread evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake for approx. 1 hour. You know when it is ready when the topping begins to lightly brown and the mixture turns bubbly.
- Top with shredded coconut as garnish.
Adapted from and Inspired by: “Meals that Heal Inflammation” by Julie Daniluk, RHN