Caregiver Support Program
This program is right for you if…
- You need a game plan how best to support someone close to you on their journey through cancer, both physically and emotionally
- You need to figure out how to best juggle the responsibilities of managing the environment around the patient, your own work and family demands
- You need support too to keep your own sanity but feel a little guilty about this
When someone is battling with cancer, those around them in their immediate personal or social circle often get thrust into a caregiver role that initially they are more than willing to take on. But this phase can turn into an endurance marathon that requires ongoing self sacrifice and unpredictable adjustments.
Understanding how best to support the patient, as well as the rest of the family, navigate their way through the myriad of emotions that accompany a cancer diagnosis and treatments
Knowing what to expect in response to treatments beyond the standard possible side effects list
Having access to resources that put you as the caregiver in the center of attention and offer you the support you need to keep it all together mentally and emotionally
The CAREGIVER SUPPORT PROGRAM helps you become an informed participant with access to the tools YOU need to cope yourself
About the Program
The “Caregiver Support Program” is geared to offer you the tools and support you will need to continuously be the rock, resource and reality-check that is generally expected of you, and often taken for granted by everyone around you. After all, you are not the one who has cancer!
In a way this can be likened to becoming a parent. There is no “course” out there helping you get ready for the ongoing impact, overall responsibility, continuous time commitment and “soul” involvement this role asks of you. You are more than willing to do what it takes, but it is also a journey of self-discovery and perseverance for you.
This is a 2 session mentoring program that will allow you to map out an action and expectations plan so you can offer the most appropriate support at the right time. It is geared to give you an insight not only into what a cancer patient goes through, but also what you can expect to come up for you as you navigate this journey in parallel to the cancer patient, at times juggling direct involvement with bystander status.
Ready to learn how to best support your patient?
- Book a complimentary Assessment Session with me
- On the call (phone or Skype) we’ll talk about where you are in your cancer journey,
learn a little bit more about each other and decide whether we are a good fit to work together
- If we decide to go ahead we will talk about which program best fits your needs and discuss the next steps involved