Lentils are a great plant protein source and high in fiber. The dill makes this dish! Feel free to add whichever veggies you have on hand.
- • 1 large onion, diced
- • 2-3 cloves of garlic, diced
- • 1 cup lentils (green lentils - or tiny French)
- • 3 cups diced pumpkin or butternut squash
- • 2 bay leaves
- • 3-4 TBSP dried dill
- • 1 tsp ground cumin
- • 1 tsp sea salt
- • ground black pepper to taste (or pinch of cayenne pepper)
- • ½ tsp dried thyme
- • 5 cups home-made vegetable stock
- • spritz of lemon juice (after cooking)
- Sweat onion & garlic in a large pot with ghee, or coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients except lemon juice, bring to boil and simmer gently until lentils are tender, about 30-40 minutes. Don’t forget to remove bay leaves at the end.
- (Adapted from "Kicking Cancer in the Kitchen" by Annette Ramke and Kendall Scott)
• 1 cup raw cashews
• 1 cup water
• 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon or orange juice
• ¼ tsp sea salt
• pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
I throw it all into my blender, it takes a few minutes until a delicate smooth texture develops. It is really yummy! As you would with regular cream, just swirl a dollop into your soup, and enjoy!