Creamy Pecan Mini Cups
Gluten Free I Low Carb No Bake Recipe Yields about 30 mini muffin-size cups Adapted from Maya Krampf’s “The Wolesome Yum Easy Keto Cookbook”. Maya has an amazing website too with great meal plan ideas!
Author: Eat Holistic LLC
Recipe type: Christmas Cookie
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- ½ cup monk fruit sweetener (powdered)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups pecans, chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened cacao nibs
- Pecan halves as garnish
- Combine the butter and monk fruit sweetener in a small pot and allow to melt over low heat for about 6-10 minutes, until a golden color.
- Add cream, sea salt and cacao nibs, simmer under low heat for about 15 minutes until the mixture thickens. Once cooled (about 15 minutes), add the chopped pecans and vanilla extract.
- Line two mini muffin trays with mini muffin liners, and scoop the mixture into each, leaving enough to allow for the paper liner to have a little rim. That is where you grab the cups once they are cooled and hardened to get them out of the tray (not all of them pop out when you hit the tray on the counter to dislodge them).
- Place a pecan half on the top of each cup and press down gently.
- Store in the refrigerator until the cups have hardened, best overnight.
- Once removed from the tray, keep the cups stored in the fridge as they will soften at room temperature.
- Can be frozen.