Dairy-free ice cream can be tricky for the true ice-cream indulger, as often the lack of creaminess is what is missed the most. Not here! Cashews provide a perfect replacement for exactly that richness in texture and flavor associated with dairy. A true indulgence, guilt-free and just absolutely yummy!
Dairy-free Vanilla Ice Cream Delight
Author: Kirstin Nussgruber
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 6 cups
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 6-8 hours or overnight
- 2 cans (14 ounce) full cream coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup (for a low-carb version replace with ½ cup erythritol-based sweetener)
- pinch of sea salt
- Blend all above ingredients in a blender.
- Pour mixture into an ice-cream / sorbet maker and follow instructions.