Lundberg’s black japonica rice has a nutty, slightly sweet flavor and is very nutrient dense. It is high in the same anti-oxidant also found in blueberries and blackberries, anthocyanin.
- 1 cup Lundberg Black Japonica Rice
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 green onion strands, finely diced
- ½ cup white cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup olive oil (EVOO)
- ⅛ cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice of ½ lime
- ¼ cup Tamari (wheat-free) soy sauce
- Dash of water
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Season to taste: black pepper, dash of cayenne pepper, ground red paprika
- Combine rice with 2 cups water, simmer in rice cooker under the brown rice setting, or until all water is absorbed and rice is still firm and a little crunchy. Allow to cool.
- Combine all salad ingredients.
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together vigorously.
- Pour over salad and mix well.
- Let stand in fridge a while for flavors to unfold. May need to top up seasoning.