Pineapple Coconut Balls
Vegan I Gluten Free Yields about 50 small balls (1” diameter) Inspired by “Süss und Gesund Weihnachten” by Stefanie Reeb
Author: Eat Holistic LLC
Recipe type: Christmas Cookie
- ½ cup + 3 Tablespoons dried pineapple, chopped fine
- 6 Tablespoons (3 fl oz) Maple Syrup
- 6 Tablespoons water
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup + 3 Tablespoons shredded, unsweetened coconut
- Additional shredded coconut to roll balls in, about ¼ cup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Combine dried, chopped pineapple, maple syrup and water in a small pot and simmer for about 20 minutes with a closed lid under low heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour slightly cooled pineapple mixture into a food processor and pulse until pureed.
- Pour into a bowl and combine with shredded coconut and salt, mixing by hand until well combined.
- Place additional shredded coconut on a plate.
- Form 1” balls from pineapple mixture and roll in shredded coconut. Place on baking sheet lined with an unbleached baking sheet. They can be placed fairly close together as they will not spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes until slightly golden. The balls will harden once cooled.
- Store in a cookie tin.