My local farm presented me with small beets. A no brainer! Below can be used as a salad or side dish
- 8 small or 4 larger red and/or yellow beets
- 8-10 baby tomatoes, sliced
- slug of extra virgin olive oil
- Gomasio spice blend (roasted sesame seeds infused with herbs and sea salt, can be obtained from a health store or in the organic sections of your local supermarket here in the US)
- OR use Herbamare sea salt (herb-infused sea salt)
- Place beets unpeeled in a roasting dish, coat lightly with olive oil and roast at 425 d F until a fork can easily be inserted.
- Remove from oven, let cool.
- Peel and quarter or slice.
- Add to a salad bowl or serving dish with tomatoes and coat with oil and spices.