Rosemary Chocolate Half-Moon Cookies
Vegan I Gluten Free Yields about 30 small cookies (1.5” length) Inspired by “Süss und Gesund Weihnachten” by Stefanie Reeb
Author: Eat Holistic LLC
Recipe type: Christmas Cookies
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 4 ½ Tablespoons Tapioca Starch*
- 4 Tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped very fine
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Just under ½ cup coconut oil, very soft, not totally melted
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup
- ½ cup Dulcey Blonde white chocolate (Valrhona is a good brand) – for garnish
- *Tapioca starch can be replaced with Corn starch (make sure it is organic as conventional corn starch is not non-GMO)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients except the Dulcey blonde white cholcolate in a large bowl, mix with a large spoon and knead into a dough. Wrap in plastic and then aluminum foil and refrigerate for one hour.
- Pinch a 1.5” size piece of dough and roll into a ball, then shape into a half moon. They can be spaced close together as they don’t spread much.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool completely as they will be soft when still warm.
- Melt chocolate chips in double boiler. Line cooled cookies on cookie racks. Using a fork, dip it into the melted chocolate and “paint” across numerous cookies at once, allowing for thin chocolate strands to cover the cookies. Allow to cool and the chocolate to harden, before storing in a cookie tin, separating each layer with a piece of unbleached parchment paper.