This is a great guilt-free treat at its best! Chewy, creamy and melt in your mouth Yum! Low Carb and Keto approved.
Adapted from “Easy Keto Breakfasts” by Carolyn Ketchum
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup granulated Swerve erythritol sweetener
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 5 pastured eggs, large
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted (can replace with coconut oil to be dairy-free)
- ½ cup coconut cream*
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips (Lily's brand to be low carb)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
*you can also use canned Coconut Milk, just place the can upside down in the refrigerator overnight, and skim off the hardened top part once opened
- Grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet well with the coconut oil.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Combine the coconut flour, erythritol sweetener, baking powder and salt in a large bowl, stir well.
- Add the eggs, melted butter (warm but not hot), coconut cream, water and vanilla extract and combine well.
- Carefully fold under ½ of the sliced strawberries, and all chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spread the batter in the skillet, add the other half of the strawberries and evenly divide on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 40-50 minutes, until slightly browned and the center is wiggle free. No crumbs should be visible on a test stick.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
Serve as is, dusted with powdered erythritol or whipped coconut cream.