This decadent yet light dessert is a year round classic, serve with dairy free home made vanilla ice cream (recipe to be found as a separate section on this website) or cashew creme (see below). Inspired by and adapted from “Crazy Sexy Kitchen” by Kris Carr with Chef Chad Sarno
Spiced Peach Crumble
Author: Kirstin Nussgruber
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 large or 5 small ripe peaches
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ cup dried apricots (unsulfured preferable, soaked in warm water for 1 hour)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups raw pecans
- ¼ cup maple syrup (Grade B preferable)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pit the peaches EXCEPT ONE, you may peel them if you prefer it this way, and slice them thinly. Mix with lemon zest.
- Cube the remaining peach, add to blender together with the soaked apricots, lemon juice, nutmeg, vanilla extract & a pinch of sea salt. Blend until smooth. You may need to add between 2 and 3 tablespoons of water if the sauce is too thick.
- Mix the sauce with the sliced peaches and stir to combine. Pour mixture into a casserole dish and spread out evenly.
- Using a food processor, pulse the pecans, maple syrup (if using), cinnamon and remaining salt until a fine crumbly consistence is achieved. Sprinkle crumble evenly over the peach mixture, and refrigerate. Serve chilled.
- Serve with Frangelico Crème
- cup raw cashews, soaked for 6-8 hours or overnight
- can (14 ounce) full cream coconut milk
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (coconut, almond, rice, hemp, oat…)
- ½ cup Frangelico hazelnut liquor
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup (Grade B preferable) or agave nectar
- pinch of sea salt
Serving size: 6